Hiroshima and Nagasaki...
Our shame ... Our Hope...
Our shame ... Our Hope...
- Let the honour belong to the U.S.
- Hamanity does not need nukes...
- Ban wars and ban the nuke...
- August 6, 1945
- The bomb called Little Boy was dropped on Hiroshima and killed 90 000 to 166 000 in the first two months...
- August 9, 1945
- The bomb called Fat Man was dropped on Nagasaki and killed 60 000 - 80 000...
- Roughly half of the deaths in each city has occurred on the first day...
- The effects and sickness dragged on for years to come...
- Most of the death were civilians...
- ............................................................................................................
- The bombed cities have long been spearheading anti-nuclear movements, calling atomic bombs "the absolute evil".
- Last week, US media reported the death of Theodore Van Kirk, the last surviving crewman of the Enola Gay, who passed away aged 93. A funeral was reportedly scheduled for August 5 in his hometown of Northumberland, Pennsylvania, which would coincide with the Hiroshima anniversary in Japan.
- Many atomic bomb survivors, known as "hibakusha", oppose both military and civilian use of nuclear power, pointing to the tens of thousands who were killed instantly in the Hiroshima blast and the many more who later died from radiation sickness and cancer.
They called it "mushroom clouds"... They made the photos look pretty too...
I guess there is a Nero in all of us...
The mushroom cloud is the everlasting shame of human ingenuity...
The clock stopped...When the bomb was dropped...
The Peace Dome and the Peace Garden... in Hiroshima...
Peace dome...peace Garden...
Built more...Remember every day..
Enola Gay...The Plane that dropped the BOMB...
An American B-29 bomber named Enola Gay dropped an atomic bomb on
Hiroshima
on August 6, 1945, in one of the final chapters of World War II. It
had killed an
estimated 140,000 by December that year
The BOMB that no one should Use AGAIN...
Let the U.S. of A. be the ONLY one...Let they be unique in this way too...
Let them have the Guinness Record too...
Let Big Brother wallow in greed...
The bomb devastated everything...
********
It is early
morning where I live... It is the next day in Japan...
The remembrance
and ceremonies are done...
I checked the
CNN and BBC web sites...NOT A SINGLE WORD about the anniversary of Hiroshima
bombing... about the nuclear bomb...
I am
ashamed...!
I hoped for
the churches will raise awareness of the bombing in their homilies on Sunday...
I hoped the
schools will set a day to raise awareness about the nuclear bomb... an
awareness raising day in all schools...But I think that is too much to expect
from principals and admin staff ... they are too busy licking the hands of the
Big Brother...But I think that is too much to ask of the “teachers”...they are
too busy calculating their pensions...and they do not want to upset the Big
Brothers ... There are quite a few of them hovering around...
And the Student Councils ... I guess
they are too busy being students and gossiping... I should have said counseling...!
They organize school “idol” evens where girls parade half naked and boys
celebrate their bums by dropping their pants...
Learning about the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki are too
serious topics and that may depress them...
But, I have a
suggestion...
And ....
I have a suggestion... Check the item below...
........Check the item below...
Hiroshima Peace Stone installed
in
Yerevan, Armenia
in
Yerevan, Armenia
Hiroshima Peace Stone was installed in Yerevan’s Children’s Park
today.
Hiroshima Peace Stones are installed in 106 capitals worldwide. This
monument is a symbol of peace.
“I am convinced that few nations are completely aware of the value of
peace. Violation of peace may lead to unpredictable consequences and cause
innocent victims.”
***
All Bright
Young People... Do not wait for the admin to take the initiative...Do not wait
for your “teachers” to “educate” you... Do not wait the priests to be the “peacemakers”...
Take the
initiative in your own hands ...
Contact
the Japanese ambassador-consulate of your country... Ask for a
sample of a rock
from Hiroshima and Nagasaki ... And right in the middle
of the Caf at your
school ... built a peace dome... a peace fountain ... a peace lighthouse...
Young people you can do this...
Young, and
not so young, friends go out of your
skin and educate the educators...
***
And another shame...
And another shame...
I am sure you still remember the Tsunami that devastated the nuclear power plant at Fukushima...
It is a shame that Japan of ALL the places in the world is still experimenting with nuclear energy...
This is not the BOMB...
It's Fukushima Daiichi after the tsunami...
...and the city in ruins...
...and mother and child praying...
For Peace and Harmony in the Global Village...
Anti-nuclear sentiment flared in Japan after an earthquake-sparked tsunami left some 19,000 dead or missing and knocked out cooling systems at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant in 2011.










No comments:
Post a Comment