Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Birth-Day



Dear Mr. Kevork,

How are you doing after the New Year has come?

If I recall correctly from when I had you as a teacher in 20...., I believe you once told us that January 15 is your birthday. I could very well be mistaken.

If January 15 is your birthday or is close to it at least, then I wish you the most joyful and happy birthday. They say with age comes wisdom, but you were already more wise than any other man I've met and being in room 319 was a privilege. I always learned something, whether it was during class or not.

However, if I'm wrong and today is not your birthday or any day close then I do I apologize and just disregard this message please.

Thank you,

Best wishes,

Ant……..

Thank you Ant…….
You are right on and your memory is as sharp as it gets.
Keep up the hard work and let me know about all the laurels that you collect.
Say hi to your sister....She owes me a line or two.
If you feel like it, write a paragraph or two for the blog...


The Birth of a Day
Today is my birthday and I feel young again.
Accepting the years ripe with memories
                                                                               fragrant and sweet.

Today is my birthday
 And I am blessed that we’ve met before and will meet again.
Today is my birthday and there’s a full moon hanging far up there
Shining with mischief
Recapping miracles from way before
Inspiring again that miracles happen even tomorrows.
It is my birthday
I feel young again and it’s a full moon
We can twirl again.
We can spin again like we did before when the moon was full.

Today is my birth-day and I am thankful
Grateful for the birth and for that day...
The day that we met
With a promise that we’ll meet again
It is a full moon
It’s birthday again.

Take care and keep in touch.
H.K.

These lines are for ALL of you who read the blog...

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sir!!! "If you look over the years, the styles have changed - the clothes, the hair, the production, the approach to the songs. The icing to the cake has changed flavors. But if you really look at the cake itself, it's really the same - IT IS BEAUTIFUL (and delicious)."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abhishek,
      You are one of the GREAT things that I encountered through the years.
      Your success means much to me...I will be sure that things will be better in the future because of people like you, like Varun.
      Take care and pile up the 100s and keep on smiling.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, sir! I will... :)

      Delete
  2. Age is just a number.. and numbers are not good math. happy birthday mr kevork

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Varun.
      Keep on smiling.
      I miss it...
      And score in the 90s always.

      Delete