Friday, March 7, 2014

Celebrate...International Women's Day



I have told the story several times and I have to write this now.
Here is the complete Creation Story…
                                       ***
God created Adam…
God looked at the world and Adam…saw Adam lonely and confused…He could not figure out what to do in the Garden of Eden and with himself…He was confused and unhappy…
So God reflected…Let me give him a companion…
And since God had previous experience…He created Eve better, cuter, smarter…less confused.
God look at the world…Saw that Adam and Eve were happy…It took a lady to make a man less confused and happy…God mused…
It was Sunday…God rested and enjoyed the games Eve and Adam were playing…And as a final gesture…in his content happiness…God created music and relaxed…
My mother was a fabulous lady…I am what I am because of her…
My wife is a smart lady...She supported me all the way and let me become…who I am…
My daughters are the bright future…I look at them and I realize that there will be a better tomorrow…

Celebrate International Women’s Day…Hug you mom…Thank your sister(s)…Without them you will be as confused as Adam was…Without them the world will be a miserable place…
I bet my bottom dollar…Instead of Putin and Obama we had two women…then the Ukrainian crisis would have been resolved amicably and the Syrian civil war would have ended long time ago…
                                     ***
And here are some quotes that will Celebrate International Women’s Day…
Empowerment Quotes
“Woman is the companion of man, gifted with equal mental capacity.” -- Ghandi
“Women are leaders everywhere you look -- from the CEO who runs a Fortune 500 company to the housewife who raises her children and heads her household. Our country was built by strong women, and we will continue to break down walls and defy stereotypes.” -- Nancy Pelosi
“Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.” -- Eleanor Roosevelt
“Women have served all these centuries as looking glasses possessing the magic and delicious power of reflecting the figure of a man at twice its natural size.” -- Virginia Woolf
“The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it.” -- Roseanne Barr
“I believe that it is as much a right and duty for women to do something with their lives as for men and we are not going to be satisfied with such frivolous parts as you give us.” -- Louisa May Alcott
"The fastest way to change society is to mobilize the women of the world." -- Charles Malik
Inspirational
“Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness.” -- Oprah Winfrey
 “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” -- Margaret Thatcher
“In too many instances, the march to globalization has also meant the marginalization of women and girls. And that must change.” -- Hillary Clinton
"Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition." – Marilyn Monroe
“How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!” -- Maya Angelou, African American Poet
“Modern invention has banished the spinning wheel, and the same law of progress makes the woman of today a different woman from her grandmother.” -- Susan B. Anthony, Women's Activist
“Men and boys, we show our manhood through the way we treat our women. Our wives, our sisters, our mothers.” -- Archbishop Desmond Tutu
“One is not born a woman, one becomes one.” -- Simone de Beauvoir
“Women are the real architects of society.” -- Harriet Beecher Stowe
"A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult." -- Melinda Gates
“A charming woman doesn’t follow the crowd. She is herself.” -- Loretta Young
Funny
“I'm supposed to have a Ph.D. on the subject of women. But the truth is I've flunked more often than not. I'm very fond of women; I admire them. But, like all men, I don't understand them.” -- Frank Sinatra
“Being a woman is a terribly difficult task, since it consists principally in dealing with men.” -- Joseph Conrad
"The reason women don't play football is because 11 of them would never wear the same outfit in public." -- Phyllis Diller
“A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.” -- Coco Chanel
"Can you imagine a world without men? No crime and lots of happy, fat women." -- Nicole Hollander
“God gave women intuition and femininity. Used properly, the combination easily jumbles the brain of any man I've ever met.” -- Farrah Fawcett
“By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacation-less class.” -- Anne Morrow Lindberg


No comments:

Post a Comment