Yesterday was my dream of rainbows...
Today YOU open up an entirely NEW universe...Soar high and May PEACE be with you...
Today we fly...high in the sky...Do not be afraid...just tap your wings and everything will be beautiful...wonderful like YOU...
Today YOU open up an entirely NEW universe...Soar high and May PEACE be with you...
Today we fly...high in the sky...Do not be afraid...just tap your wings and everything will be beautiful...wonderful like YOU...
· 1 word
per minute is the rate at which Hawking communicates…
· 1000
hours studying at Oxford university… Hawking admits it was slow and at times tediously boring...Reminds me of Eisenstein when he dropped out of high school...
· When 21 years
old he started to experience ALS…He eventually was confined to a wheelchair...But his mind was never confined...His mind soared higher in the universe... The classroom walls will physically trap you...But you have the choice and all the options...to soar high into the sky...
· He had 2 wives...He was is human after all...
· He had 2 wives...He was is human after all...
· 1984, besides being the title of George Orwell’s famous classic (...Remember the "Big Brother"...?), is also the year
that Hawking completed A Brief History of
Time… but published it in 1988... the book was on the Sunday Times’ bestseller list for 237 weeks…
· He has sold more than 10 million books…
· He has sold more than 10 million books…
Today I am in the mood to soar high and higher and even more...into the universe...I am in a mood to dream...I am in the mood to chase the rainbows...
Today I am the universe...around me...as I dive into the universe withing me...
Today I am so blessed to have escaped the classroom walls...It was making me claustrophobic ... and suffocating me with pettiness and mediocrity... A tri-dimensional squeeze, a 3-armed beast was hugging me and I could not escape that squeeze, that hug...
The admin was a mill-stone around my neck; the teachers were greedy and gossipy and a "I know it all" bunch; and the students were so ... infantile and immature...
Today I am so blessed to have escaped the classroom walls...It was making me claustrophobic ... and suffocating me with pettiness and mediocrity... A tri-dimensional squeeze, a 3-armed beast was hugging me and I could not escape that squeeze, that hug...
The admin was a mill-stone around my neck; the teachers were greedy and gossipy and a "I know it all" bunch; and the students were so ... infantile and immature...
Retirement opened up the universe again...I could smell the flowers once more...I could appreciate the gardens yet another time...I could see the humanity in humans again...
Retirement liberated me and gave me my wings to soar to all the places that I longed to go... I had insisted to my students that there are no limits ... and now that applied to me too...
This blog is for my and your liberation from nonsense, mediocrity, mendacity, deception...
Education was never supposed to be about greed and glory...of the admin... of the teachers...of the students...Education is supposed to be an unquenchable quest for the truth and not for falsehood... for the holy and not for the mundane...for the spiritual and not for the temporal glitter...for the universe without limits and not for the four walls of the classroom...for Global Peace and not for Global greed...
“I have sold more books on physics than Madonna has on sex,” Hawking bragged...
I had The brief History of Time in my classroom library...I was hoping that at least one student will borrow it...read it...appreciate it...
It never happened...and of course I was disappointed...
In the school, in the classroom there was no culture for learning...for inquiring...for imagining ... Everything was measured in "success" and "money"... Anything that had no monetary value for the future was banned...was disdained...
I was disappointed...and the admin was apprehensive with my ways of doing things...the teachers and students were tolerant but also barely could hide their contempt for my methods...for my accent...for my posters in the hallway...for my posters in my classroom...for my plants...for my music...for my tea...for my caroling at Christmas...
I did my best...I survived...and hopefully made a difference...
May be ONE student saw my way of doing things and benefited from it...and I am GRATEFUL for that...
But this blog post is dedicated to ALL my students...who appreciated my ways of making them think or who were just rebellious and scorned by ways and means...
This blog post is for ALL MY STUDENTS from the very beginning...when I was 22 years old...till last year when I retired from the classroom...
I appreciate ALL of you...
In the school, in the classroom there was no culture for learning...for inquiring...for imagining ... Everything was measured in "success" and "money"... Anything that had no monetary value for the future was banned...was disdained...
I was disappointed...and the admin was apprehensive with my ways of doing things...the teachers and students were tolerant but also barely could hide their contempt for my methods...for my accent...for my posters in the hallway...for my posters in my classroom...for my plants...for my music...for my tea...for my caroling at Christmas...
I did my best...I survived...and hopefully made a difference...
May be ONE student saw my way of doing things and benefited from it...and I am GRATEFUL for that...
But this blog post is dedicated to ALL my students...who appreciated my ways of making them think or who were just rebellious and scorned by ways and means...
This blog post is for ALL MY STUDENTS from the very beginning...when I was 22 years old...till last year when I retired from the classroom...
I appreciate ALL of you...
Hawking has set his goals...HIGH... So MUST you... He said; “My goal is simple ... It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.”
But his book, My Brief History, explores his universe within...
Hawking...Explored two universes...A Brief History of Time and My Brief History...
So you have the choice...You may soar high and higher in the universe...Or you may explore deeper and deeper the universe within... ... And remember... Both HAVE NO LIMITS...
Hawking...earlier at Oxford....
In the classroom...Not 319, my last classroom, but still a parallel universe of exploration... of quest ...of imagination...
Shattering the confining space and soaring to new spaces...Your mind is the unlimited space...
Hawking escaped gravity for 25 seconds… In 2007 he was the
first person with physical disability to fly Zero Gravity Corp.'s flights...
Hawking is 72 now...But is still soaring high and high into the universe of HISTORY books and beyond... and higher... and still afar...
Hawking emphasized; "It is a waste of time to be angry about my disability. One has to get on with life and I haven't done badly. People won't have time for you if you are always angry or complaining."
"I believe the
universe is governed by the laws of science. The laws may
have been decreed by God, but God does not intervene to break the laws." Stephen hawking...
Think about it...
How it began...How the universe, the Big Bang and all the rest came to be...?
....And "The Big Bang" that you know...
...And The Parameter Institute at Waterloo, Ontario...
Designed by Teeple Architects, a new 5,000 m2 (55,000 sq ft) expansion, the Stephen Hawking Centre at Perimeter Institute, completed in September 2011 and is the first building to which Stephen Hawking, a Perimeter Institute Distinguished Research Chair has ever lent his name. The Centre's grand opening was in September 2011 and was not attended by Stephen Hawking. (from Wikipedia ...Check it out...)
Read Stephan Hawking for the summer...
You will learn from it...
You will benefit from it...
Soar with Hawking into the known-unknown...Soar into the skies...into space...into the universe...
Experience the inexplicably in us and above us...








No comments:
Post a Comment