Monday, July 7, 2014

The Dialogue Continues (2) ...with V.D.



Hello again to ALL,

Hello HK,
This time I wrote more about what happened during the past week...I'm not sure if that’s what you want though, let me know.
I hope that is more personal. I tried. I think I got a bit better, I hope at least.
Anyways I hope you are having a wonderful day!

This week I went to pay for university. It's nice to finally get that over with. 
Piggy banks are not enough...Make education affordable to ALL...

This also gave me an opportunity to go downtown, a place I rarely go. It looked nice... At least I didn't see any spikes. [This is referring to the spikes in London, England…That I had mentioned in a previous blog] I still don't get those things. If you are going to try to get rid of the homeless why use spikes? Wouldn't it be better to make a flower bed 
The homeless in front of a church on a church bench ...
...and why are the church doors locked...?

instead ...? I doubt people would make a deal out of that and flowers look nice... even though those flowers would be for a bad cause. You posted images of a couple of subways, one being of Toronto's subway. It was quite bland and I saw that this week. The white walls reminded me of Pocock [the last high school where I was a teacher] classrooms, don't worry not your classroom. But the walls were dull 


Make the classroom more inviting...and beautiful too...

just like your images show which is shame but ONE day that will change. The walls were bland but some people weren't. 
Toronto Subway music..
There were people singing and making music as well as asking for money...I read an article about people complaining about those kinds of people. I didn't understand what they were complaining about since the music added some life in between all the chaos and rush and white walls... Some people just don't understand.... 

While searching through Reddit I found a nice quote "What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." 
A day later I was texting a friend and she said "Every day is fun when you're given another day to live." Both seemed similar, nice coincidence, so I decided to write about them.


...There is always a better tomorrow...Just do not GIVE UP...

 Both talk about the future and how it can be a great thing. I've noticed that the point you are trying to get across is to have PEACE and promote CHANGE. And since we can't change the past and the present is what we are trying to change then the only thing that can change is the FUTURE. The first quote says that the best days haven't happened... those days can be years away... the only way to make those days be the best is to change the world for the better by at least stopping the lazy people that can't even reach for a garbage bin to throw away their trash (I saw that in downtown)... And then her text made me realize that the next day could be that time for change or start of a project to promote peace and change. This friend was full of quotes and they were beautiful and insightful, I enjoyed them. She should join our dialogue or engage in topics as she has a bright mind and has a very delightful way of thinking. 
V.D.

***
    
Dear VD,
It is definitely a personal experience and observation.
All of us have to get better by experience...So with your vision and determination, I am sure you will always improve and become better.
After I retired, I am having a blast...The four walls of the classroom arrested my imagination and blurred my dreams...and above all confined my spirit...It needed to soar high and higher...But that was not possible within the walls...
Now, after retirement, I am having a blast...and with each day I am getting "a bit better"....

The subways are very utilitarian…and not inviting…
The politicians and environmentalists want people to use public transportation. In order for them to succeed there are few things to consider…
1) It has to be affordable…
This is a mindset…and we have to overcome it…
There is a brilliant commentator on CBC “Metro Morning” program, radios in the mornings…I used to listen to him in the mornings Michael Hlinka while driving to school…He advocated FREE public transportation…
Michael Hlinka...Advocates FREE public transportation...

The logic is this…
We do not charge people extra money for using the public roads…That is driving on the roads and on the highways is free…So why charge people for using the public transportation system…buses and subways…?
If using public roads is “free”, why using public transportation must be with a fee…? Where is the logic in it…?
Another point that he made…Why those of us who do not have cars should pay taxes for the roads…? It is like charging those without cars to subsidies those with cars…!
Both points make much sense…
2) It has to be faster and not time consuming…
Time is money…and people will not use public transportation if it is expensive…
3) It has to be more inviting…People must enjoy their ride…and not be disgusted by the garbage and the dirt around…
This is where the beauty and aesthetics comes in…
The subways have to be beautiful places both to educate the public and also to make them relaxed when they use it…
Of course people have to be more considerate…too…
4) It has to be safe for ALL…
If the minority bullies make things not safe…Then people will shy away from public places… Public transport and public places must be enjoyable, peaceful and safe too…
Spikes and flowers...may unite into a beautiful tomorrow...

Will I exchange spikes with flowers…? Why not...?
It will make the public space more attractive…People will respect the public space more, and there will be less trash and garbage…But it will not resolve the issue of homeless people…
We have to be more imaginative…
I personally feel very uncomfortable in public places when I notice the homeless…and to be honest, I do not have a solution…
This system based on profit and greed will always generate people who are unemployed and homeless…
Change the system…? I tried…and was not successful…May be the new generation, may be ALL of you, will have more success … May be you and your friend with “a bright mind and […] a very delightful way of thinking” can do better than I did…that my generation of the 1960s did...
I promise I will join your lead…

Take it on…Live up to the challenge…I will be very delighted and happy…
LEAD US ON…to better places…

I hope your friend will indeed join the dialogue…Why not invite her...?
May be after reading this post, she will make a serious effort…!



No comments:

Post a Comment