Saturday, July 12, 2014

The Beautiful...Is It a Fiasco...?



      Who will win...?
Recently... A relative passed away…
It is Armenian custom that we have a memorial requiem mass after 40 days…
It is the religious custom that this will be done after Sunday mass…But….
Tomorrow is the World Cup final…!
So the family had decided to have the requiem mass today, Saturday…
Therefore I missed the consolation game…But I look forward for tomorrow and the World Cup Final…
Will they root for Argentina, the homeland of Pope Francis, who is known to be an ardent soccer aficionado? Or will they back Germany, the native country of Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, also a big football fan?
First they pray...
"Please make Germany win...and I will devote ALL my life to your glory..."
"Please let Argentina win...and I will praise you forever and ever..."
...And then they discuss...
"Germany is a MUCH better team...They play as a team..."
"But Argentina has Messi...and ..."
"That's why... They are not a team...One player does not make a team..."
***
A bite worth 75 million ....
Liverpool have agreed to sell striker Luis Suarez to Barcelona for a fee thought to be about £75m.  
                                                                                                                                                                    I am not sure that the popes will agree that this is blasphemy... When so many are hungry and so many do not have food and shelter and clean water...                                                                           
                                                             ***
Neymar at the World Cup....It is not a dive.........................
I guess even "The Beautiful Game" has its limits....

                         The city in the background...The favela or bairro or simply the slums...in front                                  A nation of contrasts the rich and well off....Also the poor and the "not-well-off"...                            Of course all have their heart's agenda and of course the popes will pray...                                                            for a win by Germany....No.no no...by Argentina!
                                                                               ***
Looking for a ticket to the World Cup finals? Well, it's going to cost you.
FIFA has long sold out of tickets for Sunday's game in Maracana Stadium, but fans are still bidding big bucks in secondary markets.
Ticket prices for the game between Argentina and Germany range from $5,000 to $20,000 each, according to various ticket resellers.

eBay has tickets for between $3,000 and $12,000 as of Wednesday. 
Many of those have received hundreds of bids, and prices could climb even higher as the game day approaches.
Check the slum in the photo above...
Is it blasphemy...with the favelas and bairrios, or simply the slums in the foreground...?
***
Heads of States.....
German prime minister Angela Merkel and Russian President Vladimir Putin will attend the World Cup Final...
Merkel: Will you cheer for Germany...?
Putin: You're kidding me...!
        
      Yeah....Goal....                                ...Wow it hit the post...
As her country recovers from its humiliating loss to Germany in the World Cup, President Dilma Rousseff sang a samba to express Brazil's resilience

They are expected to have lunch with Brazilian president Dilma Rousseff before heading to the match...
The troubles of the world can wait...Israel and Palestine, Ukraine, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria....
The slums of Brazil and the rest of the world...in India and all of Africa...can...wait...
                                                                               ***

I am cheering for Argentina...But I think Germany will win ...


No comments:

Post a Comment