Your Culture... and just my thoughts...
I read a line in a blog about being young and staying young and it made me focus on youth culture... and ask few questions to myself...
Being young and staying young is an obsessions in our society and culture...There is Peter Pan, there is Dorian Grey...There is Narcissus...Human imagination is attracted to youth ... and youthful physique...Staying young has been an obsession with some...and deep down all human beings desire-aspire to stay young.
The logic is...If one stays young, then death will be postponed...or the person will live longer...or will live forever...
Fascinating logic...Faulty reasoning ... I have heard rumors that if people stay healthy, they will live longer .... But youth culture does not bother much for health...They diet to stay in shape...They attend gyms to remain attractive...Health is secondary. The important dimension is the looks...specially youthful looks...
Business thrives on staying-young mythology...There is a huge industry catering to the fancies of the youth and to the whims of the adults...People have face lifts and nose-jobs and boob-job and all-the-rest-of-it-jobs ... even penis-jobs...
People use make-up which at times it indeed become make-down ...They paint their eyes and lips and faces...and all the other places...as if they are going to the circus... Which reminds me of the wise Bard... He has written ; "All the World is a stage..." and indeed it is...and even with a make up...a rose will still smell like a rose...
Youth Culture is fascinating and most of the time it is superficial too.
People are drawn to youth culture because it is easy going and entertaining...
I have seen many hallway-students...with pants almost dropping and drooping...They look fashionably funny... I adore them...They add more variety and spice to school life...
No comments - The bums speak loud enough...
I have seen youth groping themselves and imitating the famous Jackson ... I guess just to check if all is there...and nothing is missing... They are young and you never know what they did with themselves ... yesterday or may be the day before ...So they have to check their belongings...themselves...and their belongings...
Youth is time...when everything is easy...I love it...
Young people are egocentric..Everything revolves around them..and everything has to move fast...otherwise they are bored... Ennui envelopes them...and they become rebels without a cause...I have seen newspaper boxes smashed...Bus shelters destroyed...brawling and skirmishes...fights and shooting... and binge drinking and stoned rapping...
This is a classic...See it...When I saw it I was young too.....
I love youth culture...I have been young once...and I have done things that I matured out of...now. I do not condemn youthful idiosyncrasies...I enjoyed them once...
Fashion and looks are quintessential youth-syndrome....
Looks are essential... They define the individual when they are young...The dress, the hair style, the make-up the jargon, the phrases, the slang...and all the rest...is fascinatingly irreverent and absolutely irrelevant to anything useful...
I was elected to a youth committee...I have attended youth committee meetings ... I was a leader...it was a country wide group... I was elected to the leadership...But I was young too...After attending few meetings I got bored and attended the metting in flip-flops...and during the meeting I poured the drinking water on my feet...They asked..."What are you doing...?" and I answered..."It is very warm...cooling myself down...!" They were annoyed and I was happy...I enjoyed their annoyed faces...it made my day, as they say...
I was young once too...but I outgrew it...
Youth culture and whimsical outlook sells millions of goods and provides millions of services... from massage parlors to fashion houses to...if not careful to drugs and prostitution - both male and female.
Playful times and playful attitudes...
Fashion and belonging and loving...
and...attitude and attitude and attitude...and ...
People may have Peter Pan Syndrome...People may want to stay young...But people also have to put everything in perspective...Everything has its season ... and people have to mature out of their irresponsibly responsible youth...or will remain responsibly irresponsible for the rest of their life ... and will remain Forever 21...
But people have to mature...But people have to grow up...
May be tomorrow I write about grandmas...and grandpas too...There was a time when we respected the elders...But now senior abuse is as common as irresponsible kids...and impertinent and impudent youth ...
Do not rebel ...without a cause...all rules have exceptions and you may be one...


No comments:
Post a Comment