Sunday, June 22, 2014

Celebrate ... Happy Summer


Summer Hints...
"Summer Time When Everything Is Easy..."

I love this robot...It is sort of cute too...almost like you...

If and when the robots will start thinking for themselves independently, then they will advice us..."First thing I do in the day is to make a list of top priorities for the day. Always do the hardest thing first..."
So learn from the best...While studying take meaningful breaks and do something unrelated to your studies...or your work...alternate mental and physical tasks...and I am certain you will reap the benefits and your brain will love you more...and when your brain loves you more, it will do more things for you...

  • Take 5-10 minute breaks every hour. During these breaks, don't even think about anything work related. Play pool or table tennis or foos ball. Or simply take a stroll around the office compound. 

  • Take your mind off it. Putting yourself into another project for a moment can open up pathways that you weren't considering when you were banging your head against a wall. Time away allows you to relax, and your brain to deal with options in the foreground.
  • When I am tired and frustrated with what I am working on, I alternate what I am doing with an entirely unrelated task. When writing or reading overwhelms my senses and my brain is not focussed as I will desire it to be, I change pace and do another chore...Most of the time something psychical...like, washing the dishes or looking after the plants in the garden...Usually it takes few minutes off the thinking process...may be 30 minutes or so...and I am ready to tackle my reading and writing and arithmetic again...
  • Smart kids advised me that I have to "shut down the computer once in a while, so as accumulated bits and pieces settle down..." Good and sound advice...Now do the same to your brain...Alternate the task...and rejuvenate the grey material...
*** 
...And the next generation will be more technological savvy... They will perform technological tasks with much more ease than you...But you can always catch up...
Do not shy away from computers and technology...It will be part of your life in the future....in the workplace and at home...
NO MATTER WHAT YOUR CHOICE is when you attend university or college or just get a job...after high school or college or university...Computers and robotics will be an integral part of your life...It will not depend on gender...So ALL of you must get involved and go beyond just "social media" niceties... Get more involved...in technology...It will be good for you...

Are coders the next generation of billionaires...?

Summer is not just for the World Cup and your cottage... Do a "catch up" and get involved in....
1. The community and help others...put your skills in the service of the community...May be organize a group for reading and writing and playing football-soccer in you neighbourhood...
2. Organize a book club...and read few books....and discuss...Just for the fun of it...(I assure you, it beats the "gossipy hanging outs"... and the bonus is you may discuss anything and say it the way you want...YOU WILL NOT BE JUDGED and YOU WILL NOT BE MARKED...
3. Tag with someone you know and upgrade your computer and technology knowledge...I am certain you have friends that will help you....
4. Take time of from your hectic every day work....9 to 5 or 9 to whenever...and follow your heart and do things that you will like to do... I have a young friend who recently graduated from university and now he is working his brain out in his new research based job...Great! He loves the job and he is doing just fine...But this young friend LOVES TO WRITE POETRY TOO...He should balance his day...may be balance the week...The more balanced your activities are the more productive your days will be...
5. There is too much turmoil in the world...Organize a debating-discussing club in your neighbourhood and discuss current issues and promote PEACE...
6. Attend "Shakespeare in the Park"...most of them are free or just "pay what you can..."
7. Organize a music appreciation group...May be a "classical music" appreciation group...
8. Organize a choir...just a few people...come together and shatter the taboo that ONLY FUNNY PEOPLE SING...They say, if there is no music in your life, that you have a date with devil...and also that "only evil people to not play music and sing..."


By helping your parents...you will feel better...and more a part of the family...

9. Help you parents in and around the house...Learn how to cook...That is a wonderful thing to do...and shed away your gender bias...learn to do ALL things in and around the house...Yur parents will appreciate it and you will feel better about yourself and the family unit...
10. Take few minutes for yourself...alone by yourself...and reflect and meditate...and plan...and soar high in the sky...

No comments:

Post a Comment