Continuing the Dialogue with my Young Friend...
He writes...
He writes...
Hi Sir,
I hope you're doing well and settling in fine. From the picture that you
posted [On June 20, in "My Last AP Calculus Class"] of yourself and your daughter, you seem to be in a better mood and
pretty happy. It's good to know that you're surrounding yourself with great
people.
Anyways, on to the real discussion.
In regards to your reply to the politics post that I sent you, I agree
that politicians should be held liable for their promises. Politicians should
be real, normal people like the majority of the voting population. They should
not be held above the law. I also agree with you that governments are becoming
less and less of a democracy and more of a dictatorship. I do however disagree
that there will never be a change. With the power of social media today,
anything is possible. It all just depends on how quickly it catches on and how
many people get involved. A recent example that I heard of is a something new
on Facebook about bad parking by cars in Vancouver. Basically, people post
pictures of bad parking that they see. At the beginning, it was just a joke
between a couple friends but now there are thousands of people joining in every
day. Although bad parking is dangerous, it's not a solution to world war but I
think it's the start of a trend where young people are getting more involved in
issues that trouble them. Unfortunately, the youth of today are becoming less
and less mature and they're not using this power for the right reasons yet.
Nobody knows the exact solution for this problem but I think it starts with the
our role models, all of the actors, singers, athletes, etc. I personally think
that if all of these stars were to get involved in making change, the youth
would think that it would be cool to do great things and to work for the
improvement of society. An example of this in today's world are all of the
"NBA Cares" activities. It involves NBA superstars doing charity work
and them getting the youth in those community involved. Everybody wants to be
close to their idols and act like their idols and so that's what I think is the
key.
F.S.
F.S.
Hello Young Friend,
I was happy when I was teaching in the classroom...I am happy now too... though, I do not miss the classroom... But I miss, at times, the youthful energy...that surrounded me day in and day out... But,
I was happy when I was teaching in the classroom...I am happy now too... though, I do not miss the classroom... But I miss, at times, the youthful energy...that surrounded me day in and day out... But,
About world issues and wars…
I agree with you doing anything, as small as it may be, is much better
than doing nothing … May be the key is to form groups and work in groups…
May be this summer all of my friends, all of my readers, will form a
network of small groups and discuss and debate what can be done…about the wars…and about the future...
Initiate your own group and discuss and promote PEACE...
One thing that makes me apprehensive is the fact that the Western
economies are in decline… Western industry is in shambles…But there are two
main spheres that the West still controls and leads …
1. The new technologies – the IT sectors…
Despite all the discussion about the decline of education in the U.S.
and the Western countries in general, the new innovations are STILL coming from
these countries…
2. The war industry…
And despite the decline of industrial production, the West is still the
leading arms supplier of the global wars…
So, in order to make money and profit, the Western nations… led by the
U.S. of A., will resort to instigating localized wars so as they will be able
to sell military hardware…
This is what is happening…in Ukraine and the Middle East and Africa…
The “Third World” developing economies are poor to begin with…But they are urged to buy military hardware and conduct wars against each other… Buying military hardware leaves NOTHING much for the population…for infrastructure and public well being...
The “Third World” developing economies are poor to begin with…But they are urged to buy military hardware and conduct wars against each other… Buying military hardware leaves NOTHING much for the population…for infrastructure and public well being...
Recently, Tony Blair – the British prime minister and Dick Cheney, the
US vice-president, gave interviews and washed their hands from Iraq…Both did
not take any blame despite the fact that they were the ones who lied and sent
troops to Iraq… After all it was their war that ushered in the new situation in Iraq... and because of their war we have a "Islamic-Jihadist" revolt right now which is threatening the Middle East and the atrocities they are committing are beyond imagination… They are even digging out graves to desiccate and loot..
Of course the Blair-Chaney gang had their political-economic “reasons” and they did not
care much about the loss of life …
So, as new graduates from high schools and universities and young people
entering the work force…You have to have a dual thrust…
1. Get involved in IT innovations…the future jobs will more and more be hinged
to this sector…, and
2. Form groups and discuss new steps to prevent wars and promote WORLD
PEACE…
Both are within your reach…and, ALL of you are smart enough to achieve
it…
Dear friend,
Your encouragement for people, young people, to get involved is very
welcomed…So maybe you can initiate a new discussion group and start a new trend…Also
once you establish this group you can report about it and its progress to us on
the blog…
Indeed, get involved and explore new ideas and ways and means to promote
peace…and for your personal success do not forget the IT innovations and learn
more…
You are smarter than you think...Get involved and lead you group ...
IT innovations are not only for “social media” and easy contacts and
gossipy life style…They are essential to your success at the work place … may be they are essential
for promoting global harmony and world peace too…
So during the summer lull think about how to incorporate IT in your studies and everyday life, and also how to use it to promote better future...a future without wars...
So during the summer lull think about how to incorporate IT in your studies and everyday life, and also how to use it to promote better future...a future without wars...


No comments:
Post a Comment