Saturday, January 18, 2014

A Day in the Sun


I went to the beach today.
The waves were very docile and cracked as if they were in festivity. The water gathered strength and started to swell and hence after roll over itself and burst into foam and the water spread around in celebration of the day.
The sun was shining and it was warm ...People were happy, careless and the kids were running around and giggling. All was calm...A young couple escorted their kid to the water...played for a while and then took the bathing suit off the kid...The kid crawled around near the edge of the water...The young couple took video and all three were very jovial.
Life is a celebration and I wish all people are happy always...everywhere.
But that will not happen...Rulers will declare war and innocent people will be killed....
Afterwards I attended a classical concert in a church.
The church was beautiful in her simplicity. The stained glass windows created a serene atmosphere of spirituality...and the music was heavenly.
I have told people my version of the creation story....After God created everything and placed Adam and Eve in the Garden, He relaxed on Sunday. He looked at his creation and everything was good and peaceful...But then He sensed that something is missing in this tranquil atmosphere and He created music...smiled and took a nap.

Chopin, Manuel de Falla, Debussy...elevated the church to the heavens...And all was peaceful.
People were happy.
The music was heavenly.
....And I did not miss Toronto - the marking of tests was far away...at the time when there were raptors and dinosaurs...Toronto were very far away...
But all of my students from before (I guess now I can call them friends) were very much with me...With their faces shining in the stained windows of the church and their mischief bursting on the shore with each and every wave.
Some of the waves were docile, others mischievously intriguing...
Some waves were happy...others were rushing to catch the one running before them...they were angry...they were threatening...They were gossipy...
The young people are wonderful...They quarrel; they are naughty and cause trouble to themselves and to their friends...and headache to me. But no matter what...they are much better than the adults...and
I love you ALL...without ANY exception.

1 comment: