Friday, January 10, 2014

Weekend Stuff



Weekend Serenade

Weekend is an invention to deceive the working people and the students.

We look for the weekend to relax...and do what we indeed want to do.

This assumes two things:

1. We have to work hard during the work week. If we do not work hard....relaxing does not make much sense...!

2. We are NOT DOING what we want to do while working.

I was one of the lucky one....Granted I worked hard, but I was doing what I wanted to do – I was attempting to teach...

Being with the younger kids was refreshing, at times challenging. But at all times it was rewarding.

Too bad the adults had infringed upon my liberty to say what I wanted to say and to do what I wanted to do. The four walls of the classroom were confining my thoughts and restricting the flight of the students...I wanted them to soar...but in order to soar there should be no walls. The walls clipped the wings of the students and imprisoned the thoughts of all in the room. We were confined and out thoughts hindered, arrested.

I was assigned math duties by human beings – the earthlings. But I was assigned human duties by God – the divine, heavenly.

God trumps earthlings at all times...So I did not heed to the adults much of the time...

Now that I am in more liberty, let me divulge an incident.

This is among us...No need to advertise....

A female student came to me with tears in her eyes and told that the female VP (not the current one) has reprimanded and punished her for violating the uniform code.

Those who have associated with me, realize by now that I am fond of speaking my mind...and I told the student, “She should be more concerned with her attire, not yours. Let her not show cleavages and bare shoulders and the rest....” You realize that I can talk on and on and on....And I did.

Of course students are just immature kids...and one, or may be two, I don’t really know and I do not care....went and ratted on me to the VP.

I was called down by the Principal (not the current one).  She told me that the VP might sue me for “sexual harassment”.

I told the principal that there are photos of her bare shoulders and exposed cleavage... So and I will take them to court and show the judge how she wears her cloths.

I challenged them to take the issue to court.

They backed off and the truth triumphed.

The adult world is corrupt....That’s why Jesus kicked all the crooks out of the Temple...

Kids,

You are wonderful and full of potential.

Please do not hurt each other and take care of yourselves.

The adult world is corrupt....You have to fix it.

Take care and be nice to each other. Take care and do not bully each other.

Gossip is evil.

I guess we have to add the eleventh commandment....Thou shalt not gossip.

When I was teaching I enjoyed the kid crowd...Now that I am deprived of that physical environment, I am enjoying talking to all - kids and adults alike.

I retired. The walls of Jericho crumbled, shattered and I am free...

I earned my freedom few times over...At first, when I escaped from the Soviet Union, then when I arrived on these shores, and then when I retired.

Now I am free and I will tell you anecdotal events that indeed happened to me while attempting to teach...Slowly, but believe me truly.

Gossip is evil...I will divulge just what happened, as it happened...Anecdote by anecdote...Just be patient and bear with me...

I enjoyed you all. Thank you.


P. S.

As I write I think of that incident in September when a student complained about my accent to change his section. He wanted an easy way out and my way challenged him. Of course the office granted him that luxury...with my blessing.

If he is as petty as that, he does not need to associate with me and I with him...

After all, who needs urchins that are chasing crumbs and missing the feast...!

I don’t and hope you will learn to reject this type too...

The adult world sucks and some kids learn to suck at an early age.

Have a happy weekend.

H. K.

No comments:

Post a Comment