The blog is very interesting, and it's very
convenient that the responses can be anonymous. I think you should post
pictures and perhaps even music as well (if possible).
****
On Tue, Jan 21,
2014 at 10:23 PM, A student/friend wrote:
Greetings
Mr. Kevork,
This smart
[Pocock] kid is doing quite well. A little bit stressed about exams but I have
a feeling that's just anxiety. I feel that I am as prepared as I could be at
this point.
I am sad
however because you have left. But I am happy that you have retired and are far
away from this freezing climate.
I do miss
walking into your class and seeing a wide smile everyday from you, it made
my day. Seeing all the plants bring the classroom to life. Now it's just a dull
boring classroom.
I have
tried hard to keep the promise I made to you before you left, being the
best and most successful person I can be. I truly do miss your presence.
Thank you
for all the good wishes with my exams, I greatly appreciate it.
Weirdly
enough I had the urge to send you an email giving my thoughts on the blog but
with exams I have delayed it. I planned to send one tomorrow after my
first exam.
Instead
I'll write it now and use it as an excuse to take a break from studying (you
know how lazy I am). To me the blog is incredible. I haven't missed a post so
far. All of them have grabbed my interest and made me think about life in a
slightly different way. At first I honestly thought it would be a bust but to
my surprise it has become quite an intriguing read. I thought it would be about
uninteresting things. Now I feel stupid for doubting you. With the blog you
have continued to teach me about small and large things I can do to become a
better and smarter person. Overall I like it and think it is a great way to
express issues and successes.
To improve
it I would suggest not using such bright colours. Sometimes it gets hard on the
eyes. I enjoy it being colourful and interesting, makes it more intriguing, but
the neon is a bit too much for me at least. I would just prefer nice
colours that look nice.
Keep up
the great work with the blog, it has kept me interested and occupied in those
boring times of the day.
I do plan
on writing to you more often especially about the terror happening in [my
country]. I still need time to gather my thoughts about it and express those
thoughts in the best way possible.
I also
want to greatly thank you for the impact you have had in my life in a more
detailed email.
With time
I will get my thoughts out to you. I will definitely keep in touch.
I hope you
are having an amazing and relaxing retirement so far with your family and
friends. I wish you and your family peace, love and happiness.
All the
best,
XXXXXXXXXXX
On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 10:47 PM, Harout Kevork <haroutkevork@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank
you.
Is
this dull enough for the [Pocock] kid?
Miss
you and you beautiful smile.
H.K.
I didn't want that statement to come across as I want the font to be
dull. I love the variety and colour of the text; it reminds me of the plants in
your classroom giving life to a plain, dull white boring school. But some of
the colours were just too bright for my eyes at least.
Oh and I almost forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday and Happy New Year
(according to the old calendar). Surprisingly enough your birthday is one day
after my birthday. I didn't know that before. I hope it was a great day. Remember;
don't let age restrict you to do the things you think are right.
******************************************
Dear Mr. Kevork
Thank you, this is probably the best advice I've ever received regarding exams, the class and I really miss you and it shows on your classroom, some plants have wilted while others dried and crumbled and now we're salvaging what's rest.
Mr. Kevork you've been the greatest teacher, a pupil could possibly ask for you taught more in this course than I ever could anticipate. I hope I'll get to have another teacher that will remind me of you, but that's rather unlikely as you are a unique and truly one of a kind, you have the abilities to be the head of a country but you settled for the head of the math department, and I'm glad we crossed ways, so dear Mr. Kevork thank you.
Yours truly,
xxxxxxxx
Thank you, this is probably the best advice I've ever received regarding exams, the class and I really miss you and it shows on your classroom, some plants have wilted while others dried and crumbled and now we're salvaging what's rest.
Mr. Kevork you've been the greatest teacher, a pupil could possibly ask for you taught more in this course than I ever could anticipate. I hope I'll get to have another teacher that will remind me of you, but that's rather unlikely as you are a unique and truly one of a kind, you have the abilities to be the head of a country but you settled for the head of the math department, and I'm glad we crossed ways, so dear Mr. Kevork thank you.
Yours truly,
xxxxxxxx
Kids
just love to exaggerate and some exaggerate more than the others. I think it is
their way of living and talking…
I
could hardly control the department…I would have been dead by now if I was the “head
of a country”.
***************************************************************
On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 3:38 PM, xxxxxx wrote:
Mr. Kevork,
A
friend posted this video about "why people hate math". I watched it
today and found it really interesting. I thought you may find it interesting as
well.
Thank
you for thinking about me, young man.
I
am sensing that you want to say more than the one line that you wrote, but you
are shy and not sure how to formulate your reaction to the video.
I
find it indeed very close to my thoughts and to my beliefs.
If
you have something to say don't be shy...Before you were one of the students
and I guess now I may call you one of my younger friends.
While
writing I see the smile on your face...That's marvelous.
Keep
on smiling and if you wanted to write more than just "interesting",
please do...
You
are a smart kid and I am very much interested in the thoughts of smart
people.
I
am not going to judge you...I will love to hear more from you.
Good
luck with the exams.
Keep
in touch.
H.K.
No comments:
Post a Comment