Mr. Kevork:
Sorry I haven't emailed you back yet.
Yes, you can use my reply on your blog.
And, Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great and amazing day! Best wishes to you and your family, God bless.
P.S.
Sorry I haven't emailed you back yet.
Yes, you can use my reply on your blog.
And, Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great and amazing day! Best wishes to you and your family, God bless.
P.S.
I cannot wait until your novel comes out, I would be
extremely excited to read it. Since, you are not afraid to give your opinion.
And, I won't ever forget you. Thanks for emailing me back! It's good to know that our teacher cares about us.
And, I won't ever forget you. Thanks for emailing me back! It's good to know that our teacher cares about us.
|
Dear Mr.
Kevork:
First, I'd
like to say Merry Christmas! (if it's not too late) It doesn't really matter
exactly which day we celebrate it, as long as we remember the true meaning of
Christmas. And, that we must keep CHRIST in CHRISTMAS!
I have
been quite busy with studying for exams and constantly worrying and stressing
about university, family, friends and other stuff. But, I have been reading
your blogs and i find them very interesting and true. I enjoyed the Book of
Ecclesiastes, where there is a time and place for everything. And, that
everything happens for a reason. This world is in desperate need of
peace.
Everything
is pretty good here with my family and school. Math and all my classes this
semester are coming to an end. And exams are coming up next week. I'm trying
to be better at time management, as one of my new year's resolutions. It's a
struggle, but i really want to manage my time more easily. I've applied to
universities. And, now just anxiously waiting for them to accept me. It's
crazy everybody is stressing out about this.
Anyways,
How's Los Angeles? Family? Retirement?
I'm
assuming that the only thing you don't miss from Canada is the cold weather.(
We've had an ice storm that took out all electricity to almost half
of Mississauga) Everybody at Pocock really misses you. (including me)
The new teacher is really good too. She's a lot younger
I hope
you are doing well and enjoying your retirement. Thanks soo much for being my
teacher! I've learned so much more from you than any other math teacher i
have ever had.
PS.
Keep up with the blog, I really enjoy reading it!
|
There are few things that need clarification…
1. I am not a teacher now who has a classroom. The world is
my classroom; if I follow Shakespeare’s…the world is a stage theme.
2. Retirement is GREAT. I am away from the daily hassles of
the adults… As I have mentioned before
the bright part in my teaching career was the students…I do not care much
about adult mediocrity.
3. I insisted that the new teacher will be “younger,
smarter, cuter…and all the rest that I am not”…and your words prove me right.
EVERY ONE in this temporal life is replaceable…If anyone insists otherwise,
they do not know math…
4. I think it is a faulty assumption…not EVERYONE misses me…
And that’s how it should be… Younger people are more emotional and passionate about
minor things in their life – a pink dress, high heels, boyfriends, girlfriends –
and they quarrel with each other for gossipy , juicy inconsequential things…I
am sure all of you kids will grow out of it.
I do not expect this…I KNOW THIS FOR SURE…but I hope that
whatever you do the gossipy/juicy stupidity will not harm you.
5. Being with family makes all the difference. All of us
should value the family…Sometimes we overlook that…Say thank you to mom and dad…You
will have a better day because of that…
6. Today the sun is shining again. In fact, it is sunny ever
since I arrived here. The days are warm, but the evenings are chilly. I am
getting used to the sun and not having kids swarming me with their grit and
intrigues.
Above all I am happy that I will not mark assignments and
tests. I hate to be judgmental and place a mark on your foreheads by the
outcome of an hour of scribbles…My opinion of you, of people in general, is a
continuum and not based on just one link in the chain. That is a problem that I encountered with
adults…
Teaching is not a job…and judging people is just for God.
Mistakes -everyone
makes…
Judging – No one should… and punishing kids for “mistakes”
instead of showing them compassion and guiding , directing them into the other path,
showing them the alternative…is disgusting, wrong and even sacrilegious. Jesus entreated the crowd to let children
approach him…because they are innocent…and so are ALL OF YOU.
Kids should be appreciated for what they are…Of, course you
guys will make errors. After all who doesn’t…? Punishing you for those
infringements is as STUPID as it can be…By punishing younger people adults
expose their ignorance and their greed.
I hate to judge people. A wise friend once told ….”YOU ARE
ALLOWED” and I love him for that…
I will write about EXAMS and judging soon and post it. Thank
you for the nice comments…and keep sending your feedback about the blog (ALL
of you).
No comments:
Post a Comment