Sunday, February 23, 2014

Resolve: Do not Judge...Said the Lord



Thou Shall NOT Judge...
I am the judge said the Lord...
(I will dedicate this page to ALL my students)

For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
Galatians  5:14
“Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven.     Luke  6:37

You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.  Matthew  7:5


  • Older people judge because they are full of themselves. They think they know it all.
  • Principals judge because they think that they are infallible.
  • VPs judge because they have to justify the space they occupy.
  • Teachers judge because they want to rationalize their existence.
  • Students judge because they want to be all of the above.
  • The Judges judge because they want to earn money. It's a job.
  • The government judges because they want the persevere the system and their profit.
  • The police judge because they are the iron fist of the government, the system.
  • Parents do not judge because they LOVE; because unlike principals, VPs, teachers, students, judges, politicians, police, parents want the best for their kids and want to educate them well.
Judging is not educating...Read the Bible all you...Principals, VPs, teachers, students, judges, politicians, police....

29 Years in a Box

The box:  6 x 9 x 12 feet - A steel bed and a sink that doubled as a toilet where he would also wash clothes.
Prisoners in solitary confinement tend to be restricted to cells of 80 square feet, not much larger than a king-size bed. Sleeping, eating and defecating all take place inside that space. For exercise, prisoners in solitary confinement often get a short time in a cage rather than an outdoor yard -- perhaps one hour per day.
He spent 29 years in solitary confinement in Louisiana.
King, who was freed when his conviction was overturned 13 years ago, said his mental health suffered, too, but he knew others were faring worse and he was determined to not let that happen to himself.

He has been free since 2001, but still has difficulty with geographical orientation.
"I get confused as to where I am, where I should be," he said.


More from the Bible... Read it all you "educators".......

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.    Matthew  7: 1-5


Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?   James  4: 11-12


There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?    James   4:12



2 comments:

  1. Mr. Kevork,
    Do not take this the wrong way, but you are contradicting your own advice. You are telling us not to judge yet you are judging these people according to their titles/professions. Just because many people who have these roles as teachers, police, principals, judges, vice principals, etc are what you say they are, does not mean ALL of them in that category are what you describe them to be. You cannot define the personality of a person only by their profession. Take yourself as an example. You are a teacher who has taught us many things out of your own goodness towards us not for your own benefit. There are still leaders out there who want better for their people. Of course, there are many who do not, but you cannot classify every human into that category simply because of their profession. Many teachers, principals, judges, and leaders are parents too. You said that parents do not judge, they love. Therefore, many of these people do love as well. Many persons are students, does not mean all of them seek shallow, selfish and evil things. Although many of them do, not all do so. There are good people left in the world who have these titles and professions and do not manipulate their power. Good people do exist, they are just hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been always the case...Misreading, or wishful reading.
    In none of the statements that I have made, I have claimed that ALL principals are....ALL VPs are....and so on.
    Why people rush to judgement I have no clue...But they do.
    I have heard principals say..."This is my school and I want it done this way..."
    Let me tell you my first experience...
    It was my first staff meeting...I was 22 years old...I was full of dreams and idealism... We wanted to make everything right...We wanted to make a difference...Change things for the better...
    In the first staff meeting the principal proposed few things that I thought did not make much sense...I opposed it...
    He got upset and furious...yelled at me...
    But it was my first meeting. I was naive and did not know the rules...I yelled back at him....
    We yelled back and forth...
    He won and later I was transferred to another "higher learning institution..."
    Principals always win...it's sad, but that's the way it is...
    Later going home with a lovely teacher, God bless her soul...She is in heaven now, she told me; "Do not waste your time. It is his school...He will do the way he wants, not the way that makes sense."
    That was my first baptism with reality...

    But, read the statements again.
    No where they assert that ALL...are what I claim they are...In your response...the math is lacking.
    I refuse to judge people...But I will tell the truth filtered through my life experience. And I know that the TRUTH is revolutionary...I know it from Jesus. I know it from the Bible...that I have quoted.
    I never take things personally. I am too old (mature) for that...But it makes me sad when things are twisted in order to serve an agenda...An agenda of which I am not aware of...
    It is never about my person...it is always about the truth...And of course, there are good people...You are a living proof of it.
    Always celebrate the truth....and the truth will set you free.

    ReplyDelete