Sunday, February 2, 2014

Ukraine MUST be Free


A friend wrote: “It has been brutally cold here lately. Temperatures dip below freezing night after night, just like Toronto. But the protesters have not disappeared…They will not. What is sustaining the protesters in weather this harsh and freezing at Independence Square can only be explained by the intensity of the heat emanating from inside: an exceptionally burning mix of dejection, hope, self-sacrifice, revulsion, and courage, hate...

Hate toward the bureaucrats…Murderers who are in power. Power which hinges not on the consent of the people but rather on clubs, batons, tear gas, water cannons, rubber bullets, also live ammunition, now.
Brutal force which has usurped the will of the people…

Few days ago the news came about the first two protesters to be shot and killed by the police since the protests began earlier, in November.
1. Serhiy Nihoyan, a 20-year-old Ukrainian of Armenian heritage. He dreamed of becoming an actor.
2. Mikhail Zhiznevsky, citizen of Belarus, young - 25 years old.

An ethnic Armenian and a Belorussian, sacrificing their lives for freedom...
Ukrainians are fighting for the rest of the post-Soviet space…They are fighting for the liberation of all…including Russians and Armenians and Belorussians…and all the rest.

My Ukrainian-Canadian friends love freedom too. And Ukraine like the rest of the world needs freedom free from outside intervention.
Russians and Western Europe and the rest should mind their own business and leave the Ukrainians alone.


All human beings MUST live in freedom and it is not up to the powerful to decide…
Leave the people alone to enjoy life, liberty and be happy.

4 comments:

  1. Situation is very sad in Ukraine.

    I hope that people remain more loving and caring towards each other after these horrible events.

    It is truly amazing, how people stand in cold, sleep on floors and keep pressing forward. They suffer daily, I wish that no more violence is used, that families are reunited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serge,
    When I read "Sirhiy", the name of the first victim, I remembered you.
    I told myself I owe both Sirhiys a line to remember them...I wrote this with you in mind...sitting besides me and sharing your smile and thoughts with me, with us all.
    The BIG powers should look after their citizens and avoid preaching us about freedom. Russia and the West should mind their own business and provide "life, liberty and pursuit of happiness" to their citizens.
    Leave Ukraine alone, leave Afghanistan alone. See what you did to Iraq...
    Let us be...Let the people decide...NOT THE BUREAUCRATS in their bureaus...for their profit...
    Ukraine's freedom is not for SALE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard somewhere that since Ukraine (at least the people), wanted to join the European union that Russia was going to end trading with the country "favorably" hence the government decided to stop the notion. It is sad to hear that one country will not let another country do its own thing based on resources and how depended all are due to resources.

    This situation is much like any other involving the states invading other countries to stop terrorism where as the true intention is to control resources. This situation isn't as censored because it plays into what the US is trying to do against Russia and how they are trying to make them seem something to aid their cause.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a horrific scene in Ukraine right now. It's hard to talk about. People ask me about it and it puts me into instant depression.

    Innocent people are being killed, whoops, I mean murdered. It's tragic.
    I won't get into the politics of it because I feel there is too much BS and stupidity involved, too much to handle.

    Many people outside Ukrainian and other European countries are turning their backs on us... I can't really blame them. Until something like this effects you personally you will never seem to act.
    To be honest. that's how I was before this situation. Now it's a whole different story, we must stop all this stupidity and stop living as greedy animals EVERYWHERE!!!!
    Not only the places that effect our personal lives but what's effecting the WORLD!!!

    It hurts to see people moving to a country (in this case Ukraine) for a so called better life and future, for it to be ruined by some greedy politicians.... Like you mentioned Armenians are being effected by this. There are many Armenians who live in Ukraine and some are being murdered... There are people from all over the world in Ukraine and it is shameful to what is happening to the country they chose to live in.

    ReplyDelete