Friday, February 28, 2014

Taking a Walk...


Have a minute for Yourself and Take a Walk and Think for yourself and by yourself

I was taking my daily walk today and I noticed few things that disturbed me...
1) There was this women begging...She was young in her forties...
2) There was this young guy on a bike...He was begging too...I have met him before on the same sidewalk...Riding his bike ...
3) There was a homeless man sleeping under a blanket in the LA sun...
I was thinking, what on earth...The richest country in the world and all these homeless...it is sad.
And then,
4) A young lady, I think in her late twenties or early thirties, parked her car and came out. She was wearing a black T-shirt. On it was written; "Jesus is a ..." a female sex organ...
...And this depressed me more. Why all this superficial, flippant stupidity...?
I did not have any answers...

I though to myself...It is Black History month yet, and if there was any derogatory, deprecating remark on a T-shirt about any minority...all hell would have unleashed against the instigator...
Why Christians are a target for others...?
I could not find any legitimate reason...
Free speech does not mean to swear at the majority and yell fire in a crowded theater...Democracy works when the majority has rights too, similar to the rights of the minorities.
                                              ***
Today is raining in LA...but the story on the TV news is that there will be a "big storm"...
If this was in Toronto...It would have been..."It will rain all day..."
I guess everything is relative and we have to put things in perspective.
If we really comprehend the relative nature of everything, may be we will avoid wars and live in harmony.
I dream for that day...
                                              ***
Today is the last day of the Black History month. Have few minutes to yourself, meditate and put everything in perspective...Grasp the fact that there are always more that one right...All of us are right...
There is no error...
God did create us equal and wants us to collaborate and cooperate and live in harmony.
Indeed, we can do it...
One good thing that is happening...The sun will still shine tomorrow and the rain will stop...

2 comments:

  1. True true. ..we shouldn't be swearing at each other's religions..we should respect them all just like we want others to respect ours...
    And I love your last sentence.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mariam.
    You will grow up to be a good leader.
    H.K.

    ReplyDelete