We will not resolve Violence in Sports overnight...BUT...
Hi Sir,
Your last post was
really something interesting and thought provoking so I thought I would reply.
Violence is never
good, no matter how big or small, because it always hurts someone or something,
whether it be a human or an animal. It shouldn't be promoted in any society but
it is in today's world.
I do somewhat
disagree with your position about certain things. Violence in the sports you
listed is not something that came about from nothing. It came about in times
when barbaric actions were promoted and where the most barbaric people were the
most powerful. In today's day, I don't think it's so much about barbaric as it
is about taking their anger out on someone. The people that take part in those
sports are those that don't have the ability to release stress through more
peaceful and tranquil methods. So while I disagree with the promotion of violence,
it must be somewhat expected in certain situations. You have to keep in mind
that those who take part in such sports choose to do so. Everybody who plays
those sports comes in with the same expectations that they will hurt somebody
else.
So, in my opinion,
as long as its only those who voluntarily take part in such a sport, I would
let it happen. Let those people looking to hurt others get hurt and eventually
they will learn. There are some rules to try and keep it legal and those rules
are mostly to make the sport more audience friendly.
I am sure you will
agree with at least some of my points but in the end, everybody is allowed to
have their own opinions and they should have their own opinions.
F.S.
Hello again, F…S….
I might agree with you about violence…and I agree
that those “who take part in such sports choose to do so.” But there is a very important
and vital distinction when it is aired in public – TV and movie theaters and
now of course social media...
Once these violent acts are distributed through the
public media…they become more than “those who voluntarily take part” in
violence…
No one wants that stick in their face...
Do you want to extend that logic, we may introduce dueling with guns which
was an accepted nineteenth century practice among the nobility of Europe?
Also I will even extend my previous list to include drag racing
and car racing in general…It is a waste of resources and absolutely useless and
pointless…It is dangerous too.
What are we trying to prove...?
We have come a long way in eliminating violence in social interactions and
we have to continue in that path.
I am against “Big brother” intervention in the
social and economic life of people, but there are limits…
Our educational institutions
should not promote violence and also should not be highjacked by big business.
If we advocate the elimination of junk food from schools, then eliminating
violence is crucial too.
How can an institution justify to call its teams “Pirates”
or “Sharks” or “Flames” and all the rest of the stupid team names…?
How can a human punch someone in the face in the
name of sports…?
How can a player jump on another to grab an ellipsoid?
A funny looking ball…?
And we may continue…
Our educational institutions should not be subjugated
to the rule of the mighty dollar… Human beings are intelligent enough, like
you, to find other ways of financing their education and making society a more
inclusive collective.
We can do that…with your help.
We should do that…with your help.
We have to eliminate violence in all its various
forms from educational institutions and from society…
If you think of it…Wars are extensions of the violent competition in sports and in society.
Ukraine has the right to be and US and Russia
should buzz off…
Syria has the right to be and US, Israel and Turkey
should let them alone.
Students have the right for a peaceful environment
and the adults (teachers, admin, boards and governments) should provide that
non-violent peaceful environment for them to grow…and we have to eliminate violence in
all its forms from society…
...And of course WITH YOUR HELP.

No comments:
Post a Comment