Wednesday, April 9, 2014

ROSS YOU WILL BE MISSED...



Mr. oakes


Ross, my dear friend...I salute you

                                       ***
Mr. Oakes and students and Mr. Kevork


Mr. Oakes...(3rd from left) caroling with me and my students....
H.K.
                                                     *** Tony, a mutual friend, send this to me....Scott is the current chaplain at the same school that Ross educated generations of kids...He was a blessing to have around....

Dear Scott,

I'm profoundly shocked and deeply saddened when `my daughter called and passed the shocking news of the sudden death of my dear friend Ross. He had been a very close friend to me since 1994 and was involved in all happy and sad events in my family. He had always been saying "Tony I would walk in to my nineties without a cane" as he always maintained good health. If he had lived until the 9th `may he would have celebrated his 70th birthday. We all go to `jesus one day but the way he died `i m still in shock. My daughter and her husband had a plan to go out  coming Saturday and she had been crying like a baby when she broke the news

When Ross celebrated his 65th birthday, his brother Fr. George Put his hand around Ross's shoulder and said "This is  the only one I have in my life" I'm sure how devastated he would be. My daughter has spoken to Fr.George and he said that he knew his last wish and he would take care of his final passage.

Scott, he was a noble man , simple , loved and carried for all. I knew he was a very healthy man and would out live me and that was the reason I gave him a  very confidential letter to keep it with him in case if I go before him the letter to be read to my son and daughter about my last wish. Now he had joined jesus. We all keep him in our prayers and pray for Fr.George to have strength to get through the most difficult time in his life. 

He served the Dufferin Peel community for thirty seven years without calling a single day sick. I guess we all lost a good friend and a good humanitarian. God bless his soul .I'm going to meet the priest at St.Anthony's at Crawley to see if he could say a mass for Ross. 

Sincerely.
Tony A.


Ross had a wonderful habit to record a new message for the day...Everyday...The following is his last message recorded on his answering machine...
Ross will be missed and my drinks will never be the same without him and his healthy laugh....

ROSS OAKES
HIS ANSWERING MACHINE MESSAGE ON MONDAY APRIL 7TH, 2014

It is Monday April the 7th, I hope it is a good day for you.
Being downtown Toronto yesterday and seeing how people flooded the streets, all sizes, shapes everything and you begin to realize that Mother Nature also has ways of helping us to be healthy and stay healthy.  Just the fact that the change of seasons gives us such a (pause…) it affects us in our energy levels, and especially spring.  We’ve had such a cold, cold almost disastrous winter in some ways, in terms of the damage that’s been done.  And now finally people feel that cold weather is gone and things are starting to open up and they just go right into it.  And they allow spring, a nice spring, hopefully a warm one, to liberate them, to free them.  And so you have to open yourself up to the seasons because they have an effect on your health, a wonderful effect, and spring is here, ENJOY!
 Have a great day…leave messages, and I will

Ross,
Rest in heavenly peace...
I will miss you...
H.K.

No comments:

Post a Comment