Friday, April 4, 2014

Pi + Pi = .....?


It Was Just A Prank....


First 100 digits
3.1415926535 8979323846 2643383279 5028841971 6939937510 5820974944 5923078164 0628620899 8628034825 3421170679 ...

Pi is a name given to the ratio of the circumference of a circle to the diameter. That means, for any circle, you can divide the circumference (the distance around the circle) by the diameter and always get exactly the same number. It doesn't matter how big or small the circle is, Pi remains the same. Pi is often written using the symbol http://www.math.com/tables/pi-s.gif and is pronounced "pie", just like the dessert.
A Brief History of Pi
Ancient civilizations knew that there was a fixed ratio of circumference to diameter that was approximately equal to three. The Greeks refined the process and Archimedes is credited with the first theoretical calculation of Pi.

 My Prank on April Fool Day...
On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 10:30 AM,  <haroutkevork@gmail.com> wrote:

The World Mathematics Journal just published that there is a miscalculation that there is a miscalculation and that Pi = 5.1415...
Check it out.
H.K.

This very smart student...Now he is an engineer...Got it right away...Check the time I posted and check the time he replied...I was very happy...After all he was one of my students and I am very proud of him...

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 10:33 AM, Borys R....  wrote:


makes me wonder was that a "troll" attempt by Mr. Kevork? Oo


It was just a joke... It was not a test...
And this email exchange...

WOWW Mr. Kevork!!!!! I actually believed you, 200%... really! XD

I was wondering why there was nothing on the internet about this big news! I just realized today! :D

You got us, sir! :)


Yes, lots of people did, at first.... :)


Thanks, sir! XD

To you too... :D You were the only one who fooled me on April fools! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment